Wednesday, August 5, 2009

VirtualBox

I have installed VirtualBox OSE in my Ubuntu Jaunty and installed Windows XP as a guest operating system. Installed guest additions, and started the guest operating system and added some shared folders from the Host operating system file system. Then with the windows XP [guest OS], Tools -> Map network drive, now I have the common location writable from both the host and the guest operating systems. 

This made my GSoC testing easy, as I no more have to copy the executable to Windows machine from the Ubuntu one, which is used to cross build it. Build once. Run from host and guest from the same location. Virtualbox (or the similar available Virtual Machine software) guest operating systems are the cool way to have multiple operating systems with the possibility of simple file sharing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to provide your opinions in the comments. Spam comments and comments with random links will be deleted.